SCORPION EXO-491 FABIO 20 helmet
*This product is available on backorder, adding 5-8 business days to your estimated delivery date.
- The Scorpion EXO-491 is a budget-friendly full-face helmet and the successor of the EXO-490. This new sports touring helmet is made for the novice rider who is looking for a reasonable helmet for little money. The EXO-491 is intended for those who drive sportily but also want to make longer rides. The helmet comes with a ratchet closure and an integrated SpeedView sun visor.
- The EXO-491 is a budget helmet and has a suggested retail price of €139. The helmet is Pinlock prepared and has a Kwikwick C liner. The liner is removable, washable and moisture-wicking. The fabric feels soft and is antibacterial. The liner also has Kwikfit cheek pads, which make the helmet glasses friendly. These features can also be seen on the EXO-920 EVO and the EXO-930 from Scorpion.
- The outer shell is made of polycarbonate. Polycarbonate is less strong than fiberglass. As a result, more material is needed to provide an equivalent level of protection. Furthermore, the helmet comes in 3 shell sizes. Based on these results, the EXO-491 gets 3 stars. When we compare this to its competitors, we see that most helmets scored as well or even less than the EXO-491. This is mainly because the EXO-491 comes in 3 shell sizes, where most of its competitors only have two shell sizes. The only helmet that did better was the Scorpion EXO 1400 Air, thanks to its fiberglass outer shell.
- You want a helmet to be as light as possible. A light helmet provides a pleasant driving experience and it prevents fatigue in the neck. If we weigh the Scorpion EXO-491 in a size M, the scale shows 1603 grams. But how good is this really? Let’s take a look at the results of its competitors. If we look at the weight, we see that the EXO-491, with a weight of 1603 grams, is one of the heaviest helmets compared to its competitors.
- Another important element of a helmet is the visor. Scorpion offers the option to expand the helmet with a MaxVision pinlock lens. Pinlock has the great function of reducing condensation, what prevents a fogged visor! A pinlock lens is placed on the inside of a visor so that it functions as double glass. Unfortunately, this lens is not included in the box as standard.
There are no reviews yet.